Saturday, March 25, 2006

Numb and Number




Those are the two words that describe last night's ride up Trail Ridge Road. It started off great; JP, Gunner, Tim, and myself headed off in high spirits for a nice little ride. We left the shop at about 5:15, rode to pick up JP and then turned back into the park. Equipped with lights, we were ready for a long(ish) ride. I was kinda hurting from the get go but pushed ahead anyway (I swear someone filled my tubes with lead). JP kept getting flats and Gunner smoked us all from the very start; we only saw him again on the way back down. So it was an eventful trip. As soon as the sun went completely down, we were chilly, to say the least. My toes were numb and Tim's poor fingers were screaming at him from the cold. It was kind of a catch-22 because you wanted to ride as fast as you could to get home faster but then, the faster you rode, the colder the wind was in your face! I was laughing to myself on the way down and all I could think about was food. Beautiful ride, nonetheless. We want more participants next time!! Skinny J, where were you? And Jim, at the brewery?! Next time boys, same for you Mattman.

No comments: