Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Hello Snow!



Tim and I spent 4 long hours skiing yesterday around Monarch Lake! It was beautiful, not a cloud in the sky and nothing but blue everywhere you looked. Absolutely wonderful. The only downside is that it was pretty sticky at first when we were in the sun on the east side of the lake. Not too much sliding in places which made the 4 hours seem even longer. Parts of the trip seemed just like snowshoeing rather than skiing. We tried to find a bridge over the water to get to the west side and ended up crossing a snow-covered fallen tree, which I was less than excited about doing. But, some how I made it! Copper (my Golden Retriever) almost fell in the drink because the snow in the middle of the log gave way and she had to scramble out; scary but entertaining, nonetheless. Once we got around to the West side of the shore we were in the shade and cruising right along! I stopped counting how many times I fell, but luckily I'm feeling pretty good today. A learning experience, to say the least. Lucky for me, Tim is quite a patient teacher! Thanks Tim! Just to give you an idea of how long of a trek it was, our 2 tireless dogs are still sleeping almost 24 hours later!! A great way to wear them out. Is anyone else out enjoying the snow?! We might ski again this afternoon. Anyone up for a mellow Green Ridge outing?! Let us know by posting a comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i will go. randy j