Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday


So, the last few Thursdays have been my day to myself. And, I'm really enjoying them! Today I went to yoga again which was really great and then came home thinking I'd take a short ski in the field with the dogs. Geared up, tried not to kill Echo for barking her head off, and hit the field. Then, we skiied through the field and I figured we'd all (Echo, Copper, and myself) enjoy a bit of a change of scenery. We always just ski the field for a quick dog-tiring activity but this time I decided that the lake would be a fun option. Field, through the trees, to alley, cross one sorta busy street (which was still snowpacked = happy skis), and voila! Le lake! We didn't even really get onto the lake though b/c the snow was sooooo deep that the dogs were really struggling to leap through it. Actually I was having just about as much trouble...I kept sinking up to my knees in powder. We've been getting so much snow lately that it was crazy out there. Untouched powder. Fun stuff. So we turned around and headed back homeward. Copper kept stopping every few yards to de-snowball her paws and Echo was trying to tell me to hurry up. We finally made it home tired and happy! Now the dogs are both sleeping which was the goal! Hooray for snow! Now I think I'll curl up on the couch in the sun with a good book. I like Thursdays.

No comments: