Wednesday, April 02, 2008

MOAB!!!

This one may have to be a 2-parter since I'm at work in between customers.

Basically, Moab rocks.

The group headed west on Friday afternoon and arrived in town around 6ish. Went to dinner at the Moab Brewery with the gang and had a blast. Everyone enjoyed their food and tasty hand-crafted beers and it started out to be a great trip. After dinner, the racer boys decided to hit the sack and rest up for their big day on Saturday. The rest of us decided that the night was young!! I had unfortunately left my I.D. in Grand Lake and the law-abiding Utah folks are strict with carding everyone who enters any bar. Thankfully at the brewery it wasn't an issue.

The first bar we wanted to visit was a no-go since I was unsuccessful with my bribery. The female bouncer at the door had no sympathy for my story so we travelled onward. Our next stop was kind of a last resort that was conveniently located about 3 blocks from our condos. It was called The Rio!! At this point I was determined to talk my way into this place; it turns out, attitude really is everything. I went up to the geeky mohawked bouncer guy and explained that I was really truly old enough and wouldn't start too much trouble and so he let me in with out my I.D. Hooray beer!!
We sauntered up to the bar and picked up some tasty beverages before heading back to the corner foosball table. After a quick game I decided that the perfectly good dance floor (complete with stripper pole) needed some attention and I was just the gal for the job! It's kind of liberating not knowing anyone in the entire town and therefore being able to enjoy the anonymity and cutting loose. Good times... Anyhoo, about 3+ hours later I had created a nice little blister and decided that my Birks just weren't the dancing shoes I needed. So, ditched them and continued dancing sans shoes. Great idea, I know. Basically the entire evening involved picking out the most nerdy guys we could and luring them to the dance floor. It was a huge success and Abbi gets props for the day-glo orange vest guy with dreads. I didn't do too poorly myself with victims including head-to-toe-denim-guy and fast-footed-gay-mexi-man. Damn that was a fun night. Oh yeah, Barry: this is my jam!!!
So, that was Friday night. Thank goodness for good (drunk) friends...my foot was soooo sore that I some how got piggy-backed home by

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many customers do you have? I'm left here hanging. By the way, how did the race go?

Anonymous said...

:)